- Providing Higher Education to Equip Christians to be Godly Servant-Leaders for the fulfilling of the Great Commission.
- A leader in Biblically-based ministerial training for the Caribbean and beyond.
- Educating. Equipping. Empowering.
- Life-long Learning
The West Indies School of Theology is sponsored by the Pentecostal Assemblies of the West Indies, for students who wish to do Christian ministry. It also seeks to prepare the Christian for subsidiary tasks other than pulpit ministry.
The educational experience at WIST is developed in the context of the historic and evangelical Christian faith. The educational philosophy of WIST rests upon a theological base, which respects the forthright commitment to evangelical theology and to those spiritual, intellectual, moral, and attitudinal values deeply rooted in the Holy Scriptures.
It is the conviction of the faculty of WIST that learning takes place within a context of basic assumptions which form the point of reference from which one analyses, interprets and knows his world. Some of these fundamental concepts are:
- That the God revealed in Holy Scripture is the triune, sovereign Lord, Creator and Sustainer of all of life.
- That God has disclosed Himself to man, both through His Word and in His coming in history in the person of Jesus Christ.
- That all truth is God’s truth and Christians are expected to diligently search for clear understanding of this truth. Once understood, truth is to be applied to our lives, so as to affect our thought and behaviour for the ultimate purpose of bringing glory to God.
- Christian faith and analytical thought are not only compatible with each other but each demands the other to produce the most satisfying world and life view.
In order to achieve the desired training for students, it is necessary that our curriculum reflect the basic foundations of our philosophy, theology and Pentecostal outlook. For this reason all students are required to complete an institutional core in the areas of Biblical Studies, Theology, Evangelism and related areas that provide the foundation for their training. Our major emphases are in Bible and Theology, Missions, Christian Education, Pastoral Studies, Psychology and Counselling that are all taught from this foundational perspective. In addition, there are related courses under General Education – Arts, Sciences and Business Studies that help to complete the student’s all-round preparation.